- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Terms & Conditions
- Day 1: 177km/110mi, gain 2062m/6805ft, lost 2208m/7286ft.
- Day 2: 150km/93mi, gain 1319m/4353ft, lost 1899m/6267ft.178km/110mi, gain 1886m/6224ft, lost 2466m/8138ft.
- Day 3: 120km/75mi, gain 887m/2927ft, lost 1022m/3373ft.
- Day 4: 172km/107mi, gain 1956m/6455ft, lost 1497m/4940ft.
- Day 5: 127km/79mi, gain 1081m/3567ft, lost 1334m/4402ft.
- Day 6: 106km/66mi, gain 1217m/4016ft, lost 1858m/6131ft.
- Day 7: 130km/81mi, gain 2630m/8679ft, lost 2207m/7283ft.
Canadian Mountain Traverse Lake Louise to Whistler Itinerary
Arrive the day before the tour in Lake Louise. If you fly into Calgary we can arrange a shuttle for you. Pre-ride meet at 6.pm in Lake Louise the day before the tour.
Trip starts in Lake Louise, AB and ends in Whistler, BC
Day 1 (Sunday)
Lake Louise to Sunwapta FallsFrom Lake Louise to Sunwapta Falls 180k / 112 mi. Elevation gain 1900m / 6200ft From the Bow Valley over Bow Pass into the heart of the Canadian Rockies. Then climb up Sunwapta Pass, ride past the Columbia Icefields and descend to Sunwapta Falls.
Sunwapta to Mt RobsonFrom Sunwapta to Mt Robson 147k / 91mi. Elevation gain 1100m / 3600ft Through the Athabasca Valley to Jasper and across the Continental Divide at Yellowhead Pass to the highest peak in the Canadian Rockies.
Mt Robson to Blue RiverMt Robson to Blue River 121k / 75 mi. Elevation gain 809m / 2650ft. Through the North Thompson River valley and through the Cariboo Mountains to Blue River.
Blue River to Lac des RochesBlue River to Lac des Roches 171k / 106 mi . Elevation gain 2034m / 6600ft. South on Yellowhead Highway and high up into the Cariboo Plateau with it's beautiful lakes.
Lac des Roches to ClintonLac des Roches to Clinton 127k / 79mi. Elevation gain 1030m / 3380ft Recovery Day through lake country and into the ranchlands on the Gold rush route,
Clinton to LilloetClinton to Lilloet 107k/ 66 mi. Elevation gain 1117m / 3660ft. Emerging from endless forests into the semi-arid canyonlands of British Columbia’s largest river, the Fraser River.
Day 7 (Friday)
Lilloet to WhistlerLilloet to Whistler 133k / 82 miles. Elevation gain 2550m / 8360ft. From the Fraser Canyon into the forbidding wilderness of the Coast Mountain Range. This stage is extremely scenic but with the steepest grades of the trip it is also very challenging. Finish in Whistler Village and celebrate! Hotel in Whistler at your leisure.
2 Professional Guides from the region
- 6 Breakfasts
- 6 Lunches
- 4 Dinners
- Snacks and beverages between meals
Hotel Accommodations in dbl occ :
- Sunwapta Falls Rocky Mountain Lodge
- Mount Robson Lodge
- Mike Wiegele Heli Skiing – Blue River Resort
- Rivermount Motel
- Cariboo Lodge
- Reynolds Hotel
Transportation & Luggage:
- Support Van for cyclists
- Luggage transfers
- National Park fees
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing